Communication & Presentation Skills To Improve Your Leadership
Being able to communicate effectively is huge part of everyday life, both in the workplace and at home. In an ideal world, everyone would know how to communicate properly and present with confidence, however this can be daunting prospect for many. An effective leader is able to successfully communicate the business vision to his or her team and guide them towards reaching the end goal collaboratively. Presentation skills are vitally important if this message is to come across to others in an engaging and inspiring way. Peter Miller argues that, ‘everything a leader does to influence others involves communicating’ and ‘good communication skills are the foundation of effective leadership.’
Benefits Of Good Presentation Skills
- Provide teams with valuable clarity from the start
- Improve productivity
- Increase engagement and motivation
Thoughts To Change
Being able to communicate effectively with your team is a sure way to become a stronger, more persuasive leader. As well as strengthening your leadership skills, learning how to communicate well will positively enhance other areas of your life too. Knowing how to craft and then present engaging and relevant content will help you get your message across first time. Here are some top tips on how to improve your communication skills and present your ideas in an engaging way to your team.
- Understand your audience and the ways in which they can be motivated and engaged
- Keep the message simple and clear; don’t leave the room until you are confident everyone understood what you were trying to say
- Don’t just talk at people; it is important to listen as well, to receive feedback, answer questions and correct any misconceptions as early as possible
- Stay clear of negative language; keep your message progressive and optimistic
Do You Want To Improve Your Presentation Skills & Become A More Engaging Leader?
Through Executive Coaching and Leadership Training you are guided through a bespoke plan and set of exercises, that focus on presentation skills and communication while highlighting and discussing related issues. This is done through a series of face-to-face sessions, where the thought to change and influence others is instilled on the leader for the benefit of the entire team and success of the business. The ultimate goal is to help Senior Executives, Corporate Leaders and new managers become the strongest, most engaging leaders that they can be.